Join us in participating in Boston's first annual Winter Walk! The Winter Walk is an event to help Boston’s homeless community and raise awareness of what they experience in the winter. All proceeds will benefit partner organizations who are doing great things for this community.
On the morning of February 12, 2017, one thousand Bostonians will come together in Copley Square for a two-mile walk up through the Common and back, and then stay to share breakfast and hear from these organizations and the homeless community.
How to Join the Winter Walk
Registration is $100 (proceeds go to partner organizations that help to address homelessness). If you cannot afford the entire $100 registration fee, you can raise the amount through donations (email Rachel Pitts for details - email@example.com). Otherwise, here is how to register:
- Visit www.winterwalkboston.org
- Click on “Walk” or “register” – this will take you to the Eventbrite page
- Click “Tickets” and choose Team
- Enter “BHCHP Emerging Leaders” in the team name box
- In the “team registration” box use the drop down arrow to select the number of registrants
- Click check out
- Fill in your information and click “complete registration”
Optional Additional Steps (to create a fundraising page):
- On the receipt page, click the “I want a fundraising page” green button
- If you DO NOT have a Crowdrise account, you will be asked to create one
- If you DO have a Crowdrise account, you should click on log in to your account in orange text if you do not get automatically logged in.
- You should see a “your campaign is live” page. At this point, you have been automatically added to our Team!
- Click on “go to your fundraiser” and personalize your own page with photos, goals, messaging and other info that you think will help you fundraise.
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program helps care for over 12,000 homeless men, women, and children each year. BHCHP’s services are more urgent during these cold winter months, as homeless individuals have limited options for staying healthy and warm.