From the BBA:
The Food Project is a non-profit devoted to promoting sustainable food systems. The Food Project Serve & Grow Program is focused on growing food for hunger relief organizations and local distribution. Volunteers will:
- Participate in educational games and discussions about the food system
- Cultivate and maintain the land
- Plant, tend, or harvest fresh vegetables
- Have fun outside
- Make a difference for those who lack healthy, affordable food in the Greater Boston area.
- Help with tasks such as preparing beds, planting, weeding, harvesting, washing vegetables, and cleaning up the land.
Volunteers should expect to work hard and get their hands and clothes dirty by the end of the morning while getting to know other BBA members. Volunteers should bring a water bottle, sunscreen, work gloves, and rain gear (if necessary). The Food Project will supply all tools necessary to work in the field.
If you are interested in brining your child with you, please contact Ivria Glass Fried at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.